Welcome to RuneBay! Please do a hard refresh ( Shift + F5 ) if you experience any issues with the design, or the new icons..

Disconnections are routine but not as long as it had been
"Disconnections are routine but not as long as it had been when they first started," he continues. They can nevertheless affect you for several days depending on which part of Venezuela you reside in." Perez has also been badly affected by the power cuts. "Power outages continue to OSRS gold be a daily thing and it pisses me off each time," Perez writes. He gets disconnected from our online chats. "All of us know the power system and the rest of the nation controlled systems are a mess," Perez continues. "An example of lack of care is the state owned ISP. We have been chatting for a couple of minutes and also my internet has stopped working three times. Hydro/water system then you do not have water, if you do not have water pumps.

Whenever these energy outages first happened last March, they caused an economic crisis in RuneScape that dramatically impacted the prices of heavily farmed items such as dragon bones, Zulrah's scales, and black chinchompas. As scarcity came into play, RuneScape players found what happens to their game's market when you remove a sizable percentage of RuneScape players from RuneScape. James Austen is the owner of GE Tracker, a site which analyzes RuneScape's virtual market. He has been surprised by the amount of traffic coming from Venezuela.

"We get a steady quantity of traffic on ge-tracker. Com. They're our 8th greatest country, which frankly is much higher than I thought they'd be on this record," Austen says, explaining that the site received traffic from about 17,200 unique Venezuelan users throughout a six-month interval in 2019. Austen claims that RuneScape's economy is stable, but it could be pumped by such a massive population of RuneScape players disappearing. "The current waves of Venezuelan power outages have had a direct impact on the state of raw materials and other exceptionally botted sources in RuneScape," he states.

The impact that Venezuelan RuneScape players are getting on RuneScape has become a divisive issue in the RuneScape community. The costs of heavily farmed items now fluctuate dramatically with the power cuts in Venezuela. Will Anema, that runs a popular RuneScape YouTube station, does not feel that prices are a good thing. Rather, he considers the influx of gold farmers is getting a negative impact on RuneScape. "I don't want RuneScape I know and love to Old School RS Gold be destroyed," Anema states.